In recent years the trend in the Spanish agrifood sector has been one of increasing exports, which is causing sectors such as fruit and vegetables, meat, seafood, olive oil and wine to show a positive trade balance, making up between 7 and 30% of total exports for 2012.
Despite the EU continuing to be its main business partner, the latest economic data is leaning towards new demand from emerging markets. Being able to deal with this represents one of the best options for diversification for the companies forming part of the agrifood industry, as well as being a valuable tool for improving competitiveness and growth.
During the process of exporting agrifood products, sanitary standards must be guaranteed and IDEALFOOD contributes to this by offering services such as:
- Groundwork for inclusion on the Framework List
- Study of target markets
- Development of new products earmarked for the international market
- Introduction and improvement of the auto control system in agrifood companies
- Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points
- BRC (British Retail Consortium), a food safety benchmark developed by the British trade association
- IFS (International Food Standard), a food safety developed by the German retail & French wholesale & retail associations and accepted by the Dutch and Italian trade associations